I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted, but I couldn’t let the end of the year go by without one more recipe. This time of year we often have tons of cooking going on – cookies, roasts, lots of big family meals. But sometimes, I’m lazy. Sometimes, I’m cold and I’m tired and I want something easy to snack on while watching TV in my jammies. So this is it, a quick and easy recipe for Old Bay Goldfish crackers. Make a batch and you’ll have a lovely snack for you and any guests you have around this holiday season.
This is a three ingredient recipe and slightly elevates already delicious goldfish crackers. As you might know, I love Old Bay on everything and thinks it makes foods a lot better. Here, the Old Bay makes the crackers a little saltier and more flavorful. Sure, you could just sprinkle the Old Bay onto the goldfish, baking adds something. Baking the seasoning on to the crackers makes it adhere better and gives them a toasty flavor which is nice too.
Beyond flavor, the last plug for this is that it’s quick and easy to make. It’s barely even cooking, but it’s the kind of simple extra step that might impress your guests. You know in the, “You’re so clever! I never thought of that, I’d have just ripped open the bag” kind of way. And then you can be slightly smug like, “yeah I’m the kind of person who can casually gild the lily.” That’s totally a thing that happens right?
Either way, enjoy a yummy snack this holiday season. Let me know in the comments what other holidays snacks you swear by. Have a happy holidays and New Year! Adapted from the Wicked Noodle.
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1 6.6oz bag of goldfish crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Old Bay and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- Pour in the goldfish crackers and mix until everything is well coated. If the crackers don't look fully coated, add a little bit more vegetable oil.
- Place goldfish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly. Serve.